Aflac Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work.
Claims Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 27, 2017
A great place to work where employees are well appreciated. Can be stressful at times but what job isn't. There are great benefits to working for this company
Customer Service Rep
Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 26, 2017
Customer service Representative position at Aflac requires 8-9 hrs via phone reviewing customer policies. Position was good and pay was fair for job duties.
Commission Only
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 25, 2017
They have you sit in this mandatory training class that you are not getting paid for and guarantee that you will succeed but how do you survive at the beginning with no money
Pros
You create your schedule
Cons
100% comission
good company/poor management
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 25, 2017
good company/poor manager
manager played favorites
i left after securing a large account and havinng the manager give the commission to someone else!
Pros
good product
Cons
unfair manager
was not for me
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 24, 2017
the opportunity wasn't there. they hired too many people without support people building their business. veterans undercut new people consistently. no benefits.
fun and productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILOctober 24, 2017
fast paced and fun place to work. I was able to use all of my skills and increase accuracy and efficiency in my work. I loved my co workers and managment
Productive and fun
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Onsted, MIOctober 23, 2017
I would get to answered phones and help people get in contact with an agent to help them with there claims. I learned about so many different things while working for Aflac. Management was very friendly and fun, loved working with them. The hardest part of the job was taking calls and messages from the ones who were calling due to a death, cancer or something regarding there child. It was good feeling though at the end of the day knowing I helped people and their families at the end of the day though, and because of that it made me love doing the job.
Pros
meet new people everyday, benifits
Cons
no paid vacation
Always on the go.
Independent Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Pearl River, NYOctober 23, 2017
You have to constantly keep prospecting to bring in new business so that you can close business deals. Very hard to do drops and get an appointment. Referrals are one of the best methods to get new accounts.
cutthroat
Aflac Benefit Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAOctober 22, 2017
dont do it unless you like raman noodles. They talk a great game about pay, trips and such but none of its true , I am still waiting for a $100 bonus for a contest i won 4 wks ago
Office manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 22, 2017
I worked in the office, not an agent. Highly stressful, challenging and rewarding. If I was a decade younger, I would be an agent. Aflac is a good product and works well with the health insurance.
Pros
Self motivated and pays out. Helping clients
Cons
High stress meeting numbers.
Sales and Insurance skills both necessary
Agent Representative (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAOctober 19, 2017
I got hired on a commission only rate and was trained or several months. The downside for me was learning in a group setting and working without understanding the needs of the customer which a provider needs to express in cold sales.
Pros
Good growing company for an excellent sales pro
Cons
It could become alot of busywork, if a schedule is not made upon a sale because of the process insurance, providers need to implement afterwards, done individually.
You own your own business
Sales Agent - Certified Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2017
AFLAC is the type of job where you make your own ours and reap what you sew. Depending on your work ethic, and especially your personality, the job could go either way.
Pros
You make your own hours
Cons
It's hard to leave the job
Great secondary income.
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 16, 2017
Saturation levels are too high for this to be a lucrative income unless you become a district or above coordinator. It's not a 9 to 5 job. Need to persevere for several years to have a good residual income. I recommend if it's additional retirement or secondary income. Great fun meeting people and helping protect families.
Pros
meeting and helping families/people
Cons
long and a lot of off time hours
great work place
Insurance Agent/Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJOctober 16, 2017
Get in have a meeting with district managers.
how to prospect new business, how to present policy and services.
the management was very helpful in goal setting in your career.
the culture was great.
Just getting on track for getting commissions, but once on the sky was the limit. Just being out and about and meeting new people.
Highly recommend Aflac
MDM Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 15, 2017
"contractor" while at Aflac.

I also was asked to relocate to Columbus, Ga there The culture & people were great
I felt Columbus was too slow a pace
Pros
Awesome People, not cut throat at all, decent folks
Cons
no cons, people were awesome and decent
Excellent Team Spirit
Benefits Analyst, Voluntary Supplemental Insurance (Current Employee) –  14 Wall Street, NYCOctober 15, 2017
A new recruit is required to make 300 phone calls a day to small business owners, follow up with companies where presentations have already been made and attend sales training sessions.

The most enjoyable part of the job is experiencing the assistance of colleagues and fellow team members. There are lots of dedicated people who really want to help you succeed.

The hardest part of the job is breaking down the resistance of employers to giving AFLAC agents permission to meet their employees and do a sales presentation.
Tough to get started and slow going.
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FLOctober 14, 2017
In all honesty it could be me, but it was just to slow to get going with the licensing and the introduction and training to start getting paid if you do get anything in the first month working. I’m not overly aggressive when it comes to sales. I poke and ask questions but I’m not in people’s face like “buy my stuff it’s great!” Again it could be me but its definitely not a job for everyone and have some money saved up before starting this job.
Pros
Premo schedule as you set your own
Cons
No sale no money and everything is on you dime when it comes to travel and licensing.
Educational
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pismo Beach, CAOctober 14, 2017
The team worked well for a bit but the constant turnover of the employees gets to be wearing on a person's soul. Great job for a self motivated individual who doesn't care much about team work.
Fun Place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 13, 2017
I opened and closed the office for multiple different job types and personalities. I enjoy working with all types of individuals. I can have an interesting conversation with highly educated person as well as someone with lower educational background
Pros
work with many people from many walks of live
Cons
hostile employees at times
Each day is a totally different day meeting clients.
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasOctober 12, 2017
Enjoyed helping people with choosing the right Aflac product for their need and budget. This company allows you the opportunity to grow according to your goals.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
No major medical insurance offered

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.