Aflac Employee Reviews

Entrepreneurial Work Environment
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 10, 2018
If your are a motivated self-starter and have a true entrepreneurial mindset are willing to invest in yourself and your career and only make $35 - 30 k the first year then AFLAC would be a good fit for you. Keep in the the prato principle or the 90 - 10 rule - where 10% of all new recruits at aflac succeed and 90% fail. If you are a winner and can make cold calls on phone and in person to local business and if you can close for an appointment with business owners you will succeed and have a wonderful career in insurance. The first year is always the most difficult.
Pros
Flexible hours and freedom working as an Entrepreneur
Cons
Commission only outside sales position with focus on cold calling and appointment setting
Ok for commission
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 9, 2018
Commission based company, have to start your own groups, outside sales, be agressive, some training, no health insurance, does have investment account for employees
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
Have to be agressive outside sales
Very productive and fun work place
Accounting Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 9, 2018
I love this company they treat their employees very well, great benefits and more. They provide on the job training, you can work from home and room for advancement.
Pros
On-site gym
Opinion
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 8, 2018
Achieve results at all cost s is not a way that i believe my training and licenses should be used in a way to produce results ...management constantly telling you one minute your great the next day when your sales are off your horrible......strange
Spoke with potential clients seeking supplemental insurance. Assisted policy holders with question, other policies, or claims.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LA 71106August 7, 2018
Go out to businesses to offer AFLAC. Set up enrollments for business. Assist policy holders with claims.
Learned how the policies work.
Management was very helpful.
Very relaxed environment.
Hardest part is not getting the businesses to participate and if you can't write policies then you can't get paid.
Enjoyed meeting people.
Pros
Tell the policy holder they are going to receive money for their claim.
Cons
Being paid on commission.
Productive, fast paced, work environment
Regional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2018
Aflac has such a family oriented culture, they are the greatest company to work for. I reccommend them to anyone. You have a flexible work schedule, and an uncapped commission structure.
None (Former Employee) –  SCAugust 7, 2018
The balance or work and life can be difficult of non-existent if the position deals with enrollment or implementation. Better opportunity for growth in other locations.
Intership
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDAugust 6, 2018
Was a great internship to be apart of. Was able to get first real experience in a business setting and began to develop skills in cold calling and sales.
Strong Company
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 6, 2018
Enjoyed my co-workers, working with different departments. Enjoyed the nature of my job and enjoyed working for this company. Lots of variety and diversity.
contract work
Freelance Design Work (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 6, 2018
Worked with Aflac on contract to do some design pieces. Enjoyed working with the manager I worked with. He was very friendly and easy to get a hold of with any questions.
Must be self starter and very motivated to succeed
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 5, 2018
I enjoyed my years at Aflac. The products are excellent. The training was good. I didn't care to travel to South Dakota for meetings. I was very self motivated and had great contacts that helped me be successful right away.
Pros
Unlimited income
Cons
no income
I enjoy working for aflac
Aflac Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCAugust 5, 2018
i currently work for aflac and I enjoy it. I love how I get to make my own hours and the people that have helped me that work with aflac are very nice .
Too many hiours for no pay!
Aflac Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 4, 2018
Aflac is strictly commission. You put in a hard days work and not get paid.Commissions are not great either.All the large accounts are already taken. In the beginning all the managers arenreal nice to yiou in the beginnining and when they decide they've gotten out of you all the accounts you brought with you and are not producing anymore then all the niceness is over!
Pros
Too much work
Cons
No pay
Great Company
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST III (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 3, 2018
If I could go back I would. Love the culture, great management, great benefits, lots of employee recognition. Great building, Very family oriented, diverse, inclusive and rewarding.
Pros
Everything!!
Cons
Fixed Shifts
Summary
Benefit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 3, 2018
A productive workplace and it was a busy company. Whether you are celebrating a personal accomplishment or facing unexpected medical expenses, you can count on Aflac and the Aflac Duck to be by your side.
You Need a Second Job to Supplement Income!!
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2018
I went into the job not knowing pay is fully commaion based yet on the application it said $15/hour! I had to find a second job quickly especially with all the tests you have to pay for and the commuting.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Make Your Own Schedule
Cons
Commission based only
Productive, Fun, Rewarding
Customer Service/Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 1, 2018
AFLAC was a fun place to work. Employees were treated with respect and rewarded for their work as well as provided lots of incentives to work harder. There were no dull moments.
Can be a good job
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 1, 2018
First this is a 100% commission job. When I first started it was fun and I was able to meet new people. Then the Regional Coordinator started getting on everyone and telling us we were not doing enough and to stop bullshitting. Then many people stated to quit. There is a high turnover rate of contracted self employed agents with Aflac. There is little training or guidance. The coordinators just tell you to go out and prospect for new groups and get appointments with the owner/decision maker.
Pros
Cons
Being told you aren't doing enough
Licensed Life and Health Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 31, 2018
Every employee is out for him or herself. Not much of a helpful community. Management stresses production only. There was not much cooperation between employees and management.
Pros
trips and contests
Cons
Cold Calling without leads
I would avoid at all cost
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJuly 31, 2018
I was actually referred into Aflac and giving an interview. At the interview which was a bit short and only one interview (two if you count the one I had at a Panera Bread) bit weird but the main point is I was offered 2,000 a month plus commission. The 2,000 a month was supposed to be a guarantee for up to 6 months. So my first day at Aflac I was made to give a presentation which I shared no commission in and honestly I was fine with it but my issue during that time was that I knew absolutely nothing and they wanted to me give a presentation just because I was bilingual. And during training when I was then told I would be going business to business cold calling which is what I did not sign up for I still gave it 100% because I'm not the type to do anything with a half hearted effort. Anyways I had no contact with any team members when I would reach out everyone was to busy, and would we would have meetings everyone preached about how team oriented everyone was but when you called or texted everyone was to good to help out in the slightest bit. And when I did help out I was payed as a non employee. And not to mention they did not even follow their own procedures. I could have contacted home office but would it be worth it probably not, and at the office where I was at it was one top Aflac player who incorporated his family into the business with a very few others involved. not to mention they don't even give competitive insurance for their employees.
Pros
free time
Cons
terrible training. no insurance. no salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.