Aflac Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,589 reviews
good to their employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 17, 2018
I was only there a short while but the company itself was good to it's employees. The training was excellent and very thorough and the job itself was not difficult at all.
great company
Sales / Customer service (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAOctober 17, 2018
aflac is great. local management was clickish. if you weren't in their click they didn't help you grow your book of business. the company itself is a good company. i loved what i did with them. but if you weren't part of the local click, you got little to no help. the first manager i had was great but her replacement sucked.
Great for sales people
Territory Director (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 17, 2018
Great opportunity to be your own boss for those looking to see how they will do in that situation. Company product and suite of tools supports hard working people. Activity is key to any sales position and in this role it is critical to early success.
Aflac was a great company to work for
Independent Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 16, 2018
Aflac is a great start for anyone who wants to do sales, I worked with a great team, who did everything to provide the Associates with all the necessary tools to be successful.
Pros
There was always celebrations and rewards for meeting yours goals toward success.
Cons
Marketing
Extremely stressful
Agent (Former Employee) –  Winona, MSOctober 16, 2018
Sales can be very stressful regardless. However, workimg in a rural area where there aren't many companies and yet many people competing to make sells means your chances and actually making a survivable living is very small. Comission based pay ad have to use your own resources from day one. If you're not making money but on the hunt daily and having to drive far places your resources tend to run out quickly.
Aflac company overview
Sales Associate/ Agent (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 15, 2018
Hard to sell products and make appointments with clients, all commission base, agent overflow in market, company turnover. Positive reinforcement. Aflac offers great incentives however this market is a hard sell.
Pros
Free lunches, positive work enviornment
Cons
benefits, compensation
Know how to sell
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
Aflac is always looking for new people to join them because it takes a certain type of person to be able to do it full time and make a profit enough to want to stay. They will give you the basis for knowing how to sell their product, but you have to learn how to evolve from there. The places you are trying to get have been hit by Aflac for a very long time and most of the people that did it before you were bad and left the potential client with a bad taste so you are immediately asked to leave by pretty much everyone.
Pros
Income if you can get it
Cons
Aflac's history in the sectors holds you down
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXOctober 11, 2018
Despite the quality of the product, it is a tough sell to business owners. Commission only makes it harder on the agent. Although there were weekly meetings it was short on training. Needed more one on one and more assistance with getting meetings with business owners.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Better one on one training, no guarantees
Great team to work with!
Business to Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INOctober 10, 2018
Overall a great opportunity if you are available to not have a consistent pay for your first few months. I currently am struggling with bills due to the job listing on indeed said salary but come to find out it’s commision only.
Pros
Advancement opportunity
Cons
Commission only
Rigorous sales environment, more focused on sales then the client.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 10, 2018
A typical day at work involved self marketing, closing meetings, enrollments, and strategic planning. I learned to be self sufficient by having to complete all of my own tasks and being responsible for my own business. Management was very weak and did not try to properly train employees, which created a high turnover. The workplace culture was a very much "What have you done for me lately" culture. I was able to learn how to recruit credible employees by using a different structure then what was being trained at the time. The hardest part of my job was penetrating a saturated market. As healthcare has become more expensive, clients do not want to purchase alternative benefits. I enjoyed being able to learn how to operate a difficult field.
Pros
many awards given out, good work experience, created great business relationships.
Cons
compensation was too low, no paid time off, saturated market conditions.
Fun atmosphere, Hard work
Aflac Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDOctober 9, 2018
it was an experience. You really have to be a self starter and motivate yourself you go out and prospect for business. If you cant plan and work your own scheduled you shouldn't apply because you will never make enough money to survive.
Cons
Its Commission Only
It's Okay
Customer Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 8, 2018
It was okay. It depends on your position, but it's to your advantage to have experience working in the company in order to be successful at upper management roles.
There was no limit on what you made
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 5, 2018
Selling insurance should not be pushed on to people, but something they see benefit in. I prefer the warm selling vs cold calling which is what Aflac pushed every day of the week.
Pros
good money
Cons
It was outside sales
Review
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 5, 2018
Everyday I travel to businesses to speak with the owner in order to speak with the employees. I then present to a group of employees, then do one-on-ones to employees who want any of our products. I then ask questions in order to find the best policies for them and their families.
Good for someone who doesn't need steady pay
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAOctober 3, 2018
A typical day is going in and out of businesses for approximately 8 hours to attempt to make meetings and sales for benefits.
Management varies by location and by who changes into what roles (changed quite a bit during my 6 months there). Workplace culture is overall team-based, but you don't work as a team. Hardest part of the job is that there's not any type of compensation until you make a sale. The most enjoyable part for me was being able to meet a bunch of people I likely wouldn't have met otherwise.
Pros
ability to set your own schedule and work at your own pace
Cons
no stability in pay
absolutely a fun and turn-on job
Representative (Current Employee) –  new york, nyOctober 3, 2018
aflac helps people and is a fun and "family feeling" place to work. Training is excellent atmosphere is excellent. EVERTHING is wonderful including the automatically stock-purchase plan. The only thing missing is a regular salary and I need that.

The hardest part of the job is getting appointments, the most enjoyable is truly helping people in need. I can't count the things I learned. There are simply too many.
Pros
culture and training
Cons
hours and straight commission that can't be counted on
okay job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 2, 2018
if you are in the call center it is fast paced and can be very stressful at times. be ready for change because that can happen at any time. There are a lot of times that you will work over your shift.
Have a savings backup
Independent Insurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  TXOctober 2, 2018
Aflac is a great product and a definite need, but there are too many agents. Competition is fierce and management treats you like an employee, not an independent business owner.
Pros
Good commission structure
Cons
Too much competition
A nonchalant presence in the job area.
Benefit Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 1, 2018
Its two sides to every coin, the interview went well, and things they sell you with the great bonuses, the exotic vacation spots. The truth to that is sales are really hard to meet and also little on training from an uninterested coordinator that just did not care with a negative attitude.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
horrible work place, no great example of leadership
Insurance Agent
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2018
Aflac was a satisfying place to work. I developed my own customers and assisted in team venues. The residuals were a main part of the long term paycheck.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.