Aflac Employee Reviews

Agent (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAJanuary 25, 2018
It was definitely the best job I've had so far. Great team. Always trying to help and teach you to become your won boss. I definitely recommend the company.
nice people
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALJanuary 25, 2018
making calls and setting appointments. I've learned a lot about the insurance world. As far as management goes it really is different for everyone. Everybody is different
Pros
free time
Cons
100% commision
door to door sales
Agent (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 24, 2018
this was a door to door sales job,was not hourly paid,only on commission,long day of walking and knocking on doors on a day to day bases regardless of the weather,ongonig traing every week,and out of town training every two months,your boss recived a part of your pay
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
only paid commision
Sell you a bad dream
Associate (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAJanuary 24, 2018
Unless you have family in the business you'll never make it. This is a fun job but you'll never pay your bills on hopes and dreams. I wish I had people to help me make it until I get on my feet but....
Na
Independent Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2018
NA - I didn't really like it - but I also wasn't successful at selling so my bias is skewed of course. I think it would have been beneficial to provide some hourly compensation to new employees while they work up their sales pipeline. Another issue was that sales people were often not staying in their own territory, which is a double edged sword because it of course makes those in lower income territories suffer in sales if they had to tread it non-stop, but it also hurts other sales people in other territories in regard to their planning/coordinating where to go to target prospects.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative I - IV (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GA 31999January 24, 2018
I loved working for AFLAC. When my mom qas diagnosed with leukemia they were so supportive. Unfortunately she needed me full time so I had to leave. I would recommend AFLAC to anyone searching for a career with a company that cares about its employees.
Pros
Great all around benefits and rewards
Cons
High call volume at times
Overall a decent company for supplemental Insurance
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 24, 2018
I don't mean to give this a bad review, AFLAC itself isn't a bad company to work for I unfortunately didn't have a very good Manager. My friend who was a field agent at the time referred me to the position, she stayed with the company for 10 years so I guess that says something about AFLAC for itself.
Stealing clients
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCJanuary 23, 2018
i worked fro aflac for 1 1/2 years and had a great time until i noticed they started giving my clients to new people and when i confronted them they brushed me off so don't fall or the trap
Fun place to work
Field Associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MSJanuary 23, 2018
If you like the freedom of working for yourself and setting your own hours and schedule, this would be the ideal place for you. It's competitive yet stressless
fake
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 22, 2018
The management are not trained to manage people. This job hires literally anyone as a sales agent because they don't actually train you. There is HUGE turnover they do not invest in their people.They will say anything to get you in the door... that you will work for yourself and make your own hours then micromanage you. I studied sales in college and they basically do everything they said not to do. There are no territories so companies have already been called 20 times or more.
Working at Aflac
Office assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 22, 2018
Working at Aflac has given me great customer service skill, greeting people in the office, setting up meeting, making appointments on the phone. Opened up a new world in the insurance industry and understanding the purpose of insurance and working in a office. I prefer to have a more hands on type of work environment.
Pros
Working for a 500 fortune company
Cons
no benefits
The Leadership is awesome!
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Hickory Hills, ILJanuary 22, 2018
The leadership team is awesome. You have District Managers that care about your success. You have to put in the work and remain diligent and disciplined.
Summary
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJanuary 21, 2018
Overall I loved Aflac and everyone there. They were very supportive and all around great. Very family oriented and made you feel like part of the Aflac family.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Cold calls only to build business
You work for yourself
Agent (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 21, 2018
Being an Aflac associate, I needed to use my car, phone, and purchase promotional items and food for clients. This is a 100% commission compensation job. If you are fortunate enough to land a client with over ten employees to participate, and do that every two weeks, you may be able to do this as a career. The regional manager is very friendly and goal oriented. The most difficult part of the job is driving around and walking in random business to find clients because they have all already had other Aflac agents call on them numerous times. I enjoyed the flexibility to work a short day when necessary.
Pros
Work for yourself, plan your own day, work from home sometimes
Cons
Long gaps between pay, no client base when starting, having to pay back commissions when policy holders drop coverage.
Aflac
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Great Company, very ethical. A great and excellent learning experience, awesome learning tools, and methods. A company who puts their clients, and their clients best interest first.
Great Place to work.
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2018
As an independent Agent you work as hard as you want and can advance as high as you desire.
There is friendly competition and an incredible bonus and reward system.
100% commission
Small Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Florida State, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Generating new leads is one of the hardest parts of the job. In order to get into the door of a new business, you must first get thru the doorkeeper. Then speak with the decision maker, who is normally unavailable before you’re even given an opportunity to sell your products to their employees. These steps are directly related to your productivity and pay, which require extremely long working hours without receiving pay. Not many people have this kind of cash available to spend without taking in an income, while they are trying to build a new business.
Good Place to work for if you like Sales/Marketing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Great place to work for, however high sales required in order to make good commission. Training is awesome and informative. Your direct manager will expect you to do lots of cold calling and canvassing
A lot of growth
Broker sales rep/CCM (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJanuary 19, 2018
It was great, had a lot of opportunities to grow up wards and across different positions in the company. I spent 10 years with the company, and don't regret any of it.
You fund yourself
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 18, 2018
Pure commission. They don't train you on the computer system. Your expected to pay for everything except sales materials. Nice people but they are not very professional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.