Aflac Employee Reviews

Great if you can live on commission only
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 2, 2018
Great people to work with and good when you are selling something. Time off when you want it, a lot of flexibility. No real "team", actually the very opposite.
Pros
Cons
No base salary, very cut throat
Your business
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2018
Aflac is your own business. You can make as much as you are willing to work for once you get past the training. It is total commission. Not many people are good with that. Those that are do very well.
Pros
work from home, make your own schedule
Cons
total commission
My Aflac experience
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJanuary 31, 2018
Very competitive, fast paced environment selling a wonderful product, to those who can afford supplemental insurance. Very challenging and rewarding for those who apply themselves.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Out of pocket expenses
Fun to work in
Benefits advisor / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXJanuary 31, 2018
it is a great opportunity to start your own business, while maintaining flexibily in your working ours.
your duties consist of the following

*Meet directly with business owners to deliver voluntary, healthcare and other benefits for their employees.
*Help Business owners ensure their employees can receive direct cash benefits should medical events occur. *Generating new business opportunities through company leads, networking, referrals and calls.
*Conduct meetings with employers to customize programs to meet their benefits needs.
*Engage and enrolling interested employees in plans.
*Continuing to service employer customers through ongoing consultation on topics regarding new benefits options, the latest benefits trends.
productive
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 31, 2018
Its really good company to work in even as a contractor as well.Not not much load of work and team that I worked is really nice.Team lead and PM are really cooperative and professional
Great comany that cares about the employees
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 31, 2018
Great Management and employees. It's a very relaxed envirinment although you stay busy. Everyone helps one another when you need it. Even at the corporate level they are very helpful with anything you need.
Depends on the agent
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 30, 2018
When the job states independent insurance agent but you sign with contract that means you have to answer to Aflac without a regularly paid job with benefits. BUT! It all depends on the individual; if you like challenge and going out and talking and selling then it is for you and you will advance (depending on your manager) but if selling or cold calling and being in situations that are awkward and hate anything to do with insurance, it is not for you. BE WARNED THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR OWN STUFF. Again, double edged sword.
Pros
Big on community help - one team one dream
Cons
Competitive, can be cut throat, beware who you trust to work with
Aflac
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Ketchikan, AKJanuary 30, 2018
If you are looking for a place to set your own schedule and work on commission, this is the Company. For the most part you are able to do what you want, at the end of the day there is still someone to report to.
great job
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 28, 2018
Loved working with Aflac, Love being my own boss. The problem is you run out of business to talk to and the competiton is fierce. It is always a competitve, I did not enjpy that. I do not want to compete for bonuses and gifts, I want to receive these on my hard work.
Pros
Loved working for my self
Cons
Not enough work
Hard to break into commission only sales environment
Independent Producing Agent (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 27, 2018
Just what the title says. You might make a go of this if you join up with about $20000 in the bank to keep you going while they use you to generate leads. You will not be given a break with this company until you are there (survive) for 1 full year.
Pros
Great training, if you have the resources to make 'no money' for 6 months.
Cons
No established business leads given - everything starts from scratch, including your training.

Want to know more about Aflac?

Ask a question
Aflac is THE BEST COMPANY! If the Agent focuses on product knowledge to gain understanding of how policies' benefts work, Agent will do well.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TNJanuary 27, 2018
Success is available to the Agent who is honest, organized, and can communicate in simple, layman's terms how benefits in policies pay policyholders, the Agent is on track to help many clients. There is NO NEED to manipulate, pressure, nor deceive prospects. Just explain the benefits, premiums and how to file claims. Be available to help at every step. Once policyholder experiences Aflac benefits, they will keep their policies.
Pros
Can set up your business at home.
Cons
Getting set up and learning how to do it, It's not actual 'con', It can just take some time and some Agents give up too soon.
excellent company atmosphere
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 26, 2018
Making cold calls both over the phone and in person business to business sales. Weekly agent meetings. Great company events and incentives for awards/ bonuses.
Pros
Recognized company name.
Cons
Requires strong discipline work ethic.
It is all in what you want
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 26, 2018
If you don't have children and have the drive to always be looking for new business then this is a company for you. They have a great marketing strategy with the DUCK which everyone knows. You can make some crazy good money and have a lot of fun, but be prepared to work hard. It will be worth it. Don't forget to bring your integrity with you. In this business agents have a tendency to lose what is most important sometimes.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Flexiblity
Excellent experience
Senior Account Representative (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 26, 2018
Would highly recommend as a very square away & professional work culture. Great staff great training program for a motivated individual although you are able to make your own hours.Benefits and compensation are fair and reasonable..
Pros
Great management team
Agent (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAJanuary 25, 2018
It was definitely the best job I've had so far. Great team. Always trying to help and teach you to become your won boss. I definitely recommend the company.
nice people
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALJanuary 25, 2018
making calls and setting appointments. I've learned a lot about the insurance world. As far as management goes it really is different for everyone. Everybody is different
Pros
free time
Cons
100% commision
door to door sales
Agent (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 24, 2018
this was a door to door sales job,was not hourly paid,only on commission,long day of walking and knocking on doors on a day to day bases regardless of the weather,ongonig traing every week,and out of town training every two months,your boss recived a part of your pay
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
only paid commision
Sell you a bad dream
Associate (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAJanuary 24, 2018
Unless you have family in the business you'll never make it. This is a fun job but you'll never pay your bills on hopes and dreams. I wish I had people to help me make it until I get on my feet but....
Na
Independent Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2018
NA - I didn't really like it - but I also wasn't successful at selling so my bias is skewed of course. I think it would have been beneficial to provide some hourly compensation to new employees while they work up their sales pipeline. Another issue was that sales people were often not staying in their own territory, which is a double edged sword because it of course makes those in lower income territories suffer in sales if they had to tread it non-stop, but it also hurts other sales people in other territories in regard to their planning/coordinating where to go to target prospects.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative I - IV (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GA 31999January 24, 2018
I loved working for AFLAC. When my mom qas diagnosed with leukemia they were so supportive. Unfortunately she needed me full time so I had to leave. I would recommend AFLAC to anyone searching for a career with a company that cares about its employees.
Pros
Great all around benefits and rewards
Cons
High call volume at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.