Aflac Employee Reviews

Great company, great people
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 8, 2017
Aflac is a wonderful company. The people were/are great.

A typical day was cold calling on businesses to get an appointment with the decision maker on employee benefits to discuss what AFLAC has to offer. I learned a lot about time management, what to say and what not to say to a potential client and how to handle the word "No".

Management was wonderful. The culture is relaxed. It is your time to do with as you wish as long as you are producing. Hours are very flexible. You rarely had to be in the office because you were out calling on businesses. The hardest part was closing the deal. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the new people, finding businesses you didn't know existed because they were located next to one you had an appointment with .
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Commission only
Consultant with Aflac
Small Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 7, 2017
I worked for the corporate office of Aflac in Boise before transferring into the field as a consultant. The corporate position was amazing with great benefits and great pay. After transitioning into the field I felt as though I was lost in the shuffle and over time there was less energy put into training and helping me even though I was still new to the business.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits or base pay
Very Competitive
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDNovember 7, 2017
The Aflac products are top notch. However, you are paid commission based, which was hardest for me to juggle. The fellow agents and supervisors are very supportive and enjoy when you succeed.
rough place if you have to support your self
AZ Licensed Producer/ Accident, Health/injury (Former Employee) –  Mesa AzNovember 6, 2017
unless you have someone to support you while you build your base there is now way to support yourself. if you dont have business owners you are pretty much done
too many agents working the same territory
not as easy as you think
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILNovember 6, 2017
I loved working for Aflac. the only problem was we live in a small town with several agents. I was sometimes hard to fin a company that did not already have it.
Pros
open job hours
Cons
no regular pay
good
HR Coordinator/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 5, 2017
im glad i had the opportunity to participate in their human resources internship program. i learned a lot and met new people and learned kay hr responsibilities
Great company
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 5, 2017
It's a great company to work for that is full of great people.The only downside is it takes a long time to get started making money. Other than the commission based pay, it's wonderful.
My typical day
District Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALNovember 5, 2017
Daily, I go to my office and the 1st hour & a half is spent on paperwork, returning phone calls, doing appeals, checking pended business, and making the schedule for the day. (Schedules change daily so I cant do them ahead of time.) All my associates report to my office or check in by 9 AM. I either spend the day with my new associates in the field doing training or go with seasoned associates to run presentations, do enrollments, and closing new groups.
Pros
I don't sit in front of a computer all day, I travel a lot, I learn new things daily about my job, I am a great people person and remember the littlest of details
Cons
Hard to schedule real life appointments because I am with one of my associates daily, Compensation is strictly commission based.
Great Work Place
Claims Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GA 31907November 5, 2017
You work Monday through Friday off on holidays, The company is a family friendly environment. The hardest part is getting through training because you don't get the help you ask for nor need.
Good opportunity for those who enjoy being their own boss.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VANovember 3, 2017
I worked for Aflac during the recession and found it challenging for that reason, but the company provides excellent training and support. Your pay is in direct proportion to how much you are willing to put into it, and the freedom of being an independent contractor is worth the risk.
Completely commission driven
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  all overNovember 3, 2017
My wife couldn't handle it. It was the greatest job ever when I got a $2,000 check (for about 3 days), then she'd start freaking out I was never going to make any more money and the kids would starve. I could defend it when money was coming in but as soon as I had a dry spell I had to find an hourly job.
Pros
Make your own hours, unlimited potential.
Cons
No benifits, no guarentees
AFLAC selling insurance
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 3, 2017
Selling insurance is never an easy job. But, meeting new people make it well worth the effort. I was never one to speak in front of a group a crowd of people, but, when I had to get in front of a group of people a explain health insurance I had no problem and the more I did it the easier it got. The hardest part of this job is the cold calls. You never know how you will be received. And no one liked rejection. But, once you get your foot in the door you can set your appointment and get on to the next call.
Pros
meeting people, making money
Cons
cold calls
Promise a lot, deliver a little
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CANovember 2, 2017
When starting AFLAC, you are told if you make appointments you can take your manager out with you and they will help you close deals. Well, my manager couldn't close a deal for the life of her so I spent months getting appointment after appointment only to have meeting after meeting wasted. I've been working at Aflac for almost 8 months and I have made a total of about 1,200 dollars, and I was working everyday and constantly being praised for my commitment and work ethic.
Horrible Internship
Intern (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 1, 2017
was not the internship i was expecting. thought i would be shadowing underwriting or auditing, was actually out pedaling sales in the streets. would not recommend.
Great product
Agent (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARNovember 1, 2017
Aflac offers a great product that can be so helpful to so many people. Sales is a tough business. Don't expect anyone to give you anything. Get everything in writing. Demand training as they are required to provide such. You must be a self starter and prepared to talk with a lot of people about touchy subjects - money & insurance
Pros
Great product
Cons
Too competitive, some only care about themselves
Not a good fit for me
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 31, 2017
Aflac was the first job offer I received after graduating. The current manager helped me get my silence and was very supportive. My direct supivisor was very good at helping her people out but the team rarely assisted one another and there was more of a 'me first' mentality. The manager left not long after I joined and the resulting power vaccume made the work environment stressful. Her replacement came in and began laying people off without ever meeting them.
Pros
occasionally fulfilling, and potentially proffitable
Cons
no support from management ro team members, commisioned based pay
no comment
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 31, 2017
Because I am being forced to fill out this review I will say that everyone that has an experience with AFLAC will be different depending on the office you work out of and the people around you. Again as I requested earlier: NO COMMENT.
Best job I've ever had
CSR II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 30, 2017
When you get to work you log into your computer check emails, sign into your phone on time. depending on the schedule you'll have a 30 min or 1 hour lunch there's a restaurant style break room a gym in the building. management is very helpful and there's plenty of help on the floor for new agents. the hardest part of the job is when a customer calls in sad about a situation their going through but you must stay focused and help them without getting emotional while still showing sympathy. the most enjoyable part of the job is all the recognition you get for a job well done. work hard and it will be noticed. The pay is great even in training. The only reason I had to resign is due to medical issues and I had to move, If it were up to me I would have retired from the company
Pros
amazing cafeteria, gym in building, great training
I was an Independent agent
Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 30, 2017
I worked semi-independently, I set my own schedule and created my own work zone. I managed my own time, took breaks when I needed and took time off when I needed.
Pros
I was my own boss
Cons
I worked on commission so the pay was not always great
It is never enough.
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 30, 2017
I tried and tried to make this job work. It was a blood bath. I dont want to say much more. Great product but poorly structured. My region did not take care of their own. They promoted agents to walk all over one another
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Everything Else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.