Aflac Employee Reviews

AFLAC was a great job for a people person.
Insurance sales representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYAugust 26, 2018
I enjoyed working at AFLAC because while it was sales, I was able to interact with people in an in-home environment. AFLAC also gave many inservice workshops to update sales representative's repertoire.
Pros
Gave people a product that they wanted and needed
Cons
Office closed
Productive stress at times
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus GaAugust 25, 2018
The company has great benefits and good people. They also show how much they value their employees by hosting different events such as Employee Appreciation week.
Pros
Good benefits. I liked my teammates
Cons
The amount of work that is being asked to perform.
Relaxed environment.
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Firenze, ToscanaAugust 25, 2018
Lots of communication required. You're selling insurance to people around your area. Most of my job was done mostly at-home in a relaxed environment. So it wasn't bad.
Great for the right persons
Agent/Producer (Former Employee) –  Prunedale, CAAugust 24, 2018
Lots of instruction
Coworkers willing to help
Supportive management and staff
Company benefits, perks and compensation are great

Sales are not for everyone but this is different and you won't know unless you try
Pros
Constant instruction and support
Cons
A lot for working from your car
Flexible work schedule with training opportunites
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 23, 2018
A typical work day included contacting potential businesses to set appointments with HR or the company owner to come share the option of adding Aflac polices to their benefit packages.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
commission only
Aflac is not the time of day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TxAugust 22, 2018
Would not recommend this employer to my worst enemy. No training to do your job of selling policies and no one in management knew what was going on. Compensation was a joke. If you want benefits, you have to buy from them and they could be your sales. God forbid you have a issue with your deposit of any commissions. That will 2 weeks to fix.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, No support from anyone from corporate to local office, 100% comission, cold calls, wear out your own car and your phone.
Can be very lucrative
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 22, 2018
Simply put, if you can handle 100% commission then it is the job for you. However in Denver, working for free is not possible. That being said, the management is more than supportive in trying to keep you motivated through the grind.
Pros
make your own schedule, be your own boss
Cons
no benefits, no pay unless commission, most people hate you before you even introduce yourself, cold calling every day
Experience at work
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 21, 2018
If you reach your goal there a lot of incentives. Is hard to get the people to listen you about the benefits of the products.Its hard when you dont have sales, because you dont have commissions.
Pros
Travels, Flexibility
Cons
Health insurance, Vacations paid
All Commission
INSURANCE AGENT/ASSISTANT DISTRICT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2018
This is a 100% commission based career. You must build your book of business from the ground up and be in a financial position to go a few weeks without any income. There are ZERO benefits as you are a 1099.
Aflac review
BENEFITS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYAugust 20, 2018
- Talking with business owners. Explaining how Aflac policies help or hurt small businesses.
-Pushy sales. Its not about the customer. Its about the business with a fake front. I can not and will not put a person in debt for something they can live without.
-Management is pushy and I felt like they were fake. Too much makeup, high voice and too excited to see me for no reason. (except I was making them money) Not real or down to earth.
-Work place culture is awesome. Awesome ideas. But its a fake front. Especially for those who can not afford it but told they can.
-Pushy sales. HATE it. And I am not willing to break my relationships for AFLAC.
-I got to meet some amazing business owners and travel.
Pros
Travel and meet new people with different problems
Cons
Fake management.
Independent agent
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 19, 2018
The company provides 3 weeks Sales School and then twice a week for an hour and a half, excellent Sandlers base sales reinforcement training, leading by certified Sandles instructors. The group I worked with provided teaching support on administrative issues, in addition to product training. Each manager has the individual option how he/she will mentoring you. If you good in sales and has a natural talent to it this is a perfect place for you. You will flourish from the start. If you have additional income for at least two years you will get there sooner or later :)Perfect job for retirement with all the connection in your packet you can now use it.
I am writing it as a positive review but also give you the reality check. This is a very independent position. You will receive many resources and support training but do not expect to babysit you. It is a lot of work. You are own boss!!!!
Pros
excelent training, support atmosfere, assistance with closing new accounts
Cons
no base salary which could be difficult if you not natural seller.
Energentic, Constructive, Competitive, Instructive, Educational
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 17, 2018
Energetic, Educational, Engaging, and Constructive.
Offers great trips for goals met. Creative activities that build understanding and group activities that generate deeper learning.
Broke
Licensed Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Brookville, PAAugust 17, 2018
Make sure you have another line of income because you will go broke working for them. You don't know when you will make any money. The management is useless and wants its agents to be cat fighting over accounts. Don't go for the bate... Unless your handed a book of business its not worth starving for years.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
commission only
A day at aflac
Agent / Producer (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 16, 2018
Most day's and always on Monday's there was a Meeting with your Districtt Mgr. and your Team.

After that Meeting you were pretty much expected to be on the phone or hitting the streets, trying to set up meetings.

To me, the biggest problem with AFLAC is that each Manager has his own philosophy and if you don't get a "strong" Manager you are going to struggle a lot.
Great Experience
H.R / Marketing Internship (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHAugust 16, 2018
The job itself was simple and easy. Relaxed office environment with relaxed working hours. Job was simple and required little time. Sometimes boring but Learned a lot
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2018
I learned how to take ownership of my territory. It taught me how to prospect smarter and how to make the most out of my day. The hardest part was commission only and charge backs.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Charge backs
Policy Services
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 15, 2018
I was hired through a temp agency and employed over 1 year. By far this is the best company I've ever had the opportunity to work at. The work environment was so relaxed and exceptional pay.
Aflac is pretty much like other Insurance companies i've come across here in TN
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 15, 2018
I didn't really get a chance to get into that job i can explain if we speak or meet. This position didn't work out the way i expected it to go, so i can't be to specific.
My review summary
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLAugust 14, 2018
Aflac is a fun company to represent; as the unquestioned leader in it's space in the market, it is comforting knowing you represent the best. Self-paced work environment
Great company with great earning potential
Independent Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2018
Great company with great earning potential. The culture is great and the CEO is caring about the company and all the people working within it. Aflac is second to none in its industry. Lots of training and support.
Pros
Work Life balance, unlimited earning potential, many bonuses and trips, and competitions.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.