Aflac Employee Reviews

Great To Work For The Duck!
Senior Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 11, 2018
Excellent place to learn about the different aspects of the insurance industry. The company is awesome to the employees. Each division at Aflac, has the opportunity for growth within for its employees.
Great sales career
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Brule, NEMay 11, 2018
Great company to work for if you enjoy sales. Terrific income potential. Training is superb. Lots of opportunity to win vacations and other prizes. Great company!
Great place to learn about being on your own
Cold-Call, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 11, 2018
A typical day at work is hundreds of phone calls. I learned how to be a cold-caller specialist, run my own business, manage an office, take on many roles, market myself in person.
Get out of it as much as you put into it.
INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 10, 2018
Aflac is a GREAT product!! It is a fabulous supplement to health insurance and provides a 'back-up' plan when the unexpected strikes. Good prices with excellent benefits
Highly Acclaimed Former Employer
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2018
Former employment with Aflac is highly acclaimed because of their innovative health insurance benefits, commitment to pay claims with improved proficiency and punctuality, and customer service for agents to access pertinent datum via telephone/online support.
Pros
Website services
Cons
Limited authority due to hierarchy structure
Challenging but well compensated
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 10, 2018
AFLAC is a company where the career growth is up to the individual. It is a cut-throat industry and you get paid on how hard you work. Once pay does come in, it is very lucrative. However, to get to that point, it takes time and devotion to the job.
Pros
Good pay, flexible schedule
Cons
challenging and cut throat
Agent
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 10, 2018
I have the freedom to work from home and still get the support I need from our corporate office.
Meeting all levels of business people and developing a long term relationship is the best.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
N/a
Entrepreneurial
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 10, 2018
Great opportunity to develop entrepreneurial spirit. Develop discipline and good work ethics. Your results are based on your efforts.
The management is very supportive.
Time consuming
Insurance sales (Former Employee) –  Benton County, ARMay 9, 2018
Not very satisfied with the experience of being a sales person since one really depends 100% on sales for survival so it is a tremendously stressful situation if you have family members to take care of. Also it feels like you are pushing people into buying something that it might not be as helpful to them but it will help your pocket.
Aflac-great company
Senior Security Officer, Corporate Security (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 9, 2018
Aflac is a great company to work for. Great benefits and good pay. They believe in training, training and more training. The Aflac way culture is based on high integrity and moral values. They expect only the best out of you and they compensate you well.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Freedom of schedule
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Maryville, MOMay 9, 2018
Making your own schedule is nice but there is no base salary. It is commission only, and that is hard when you first start out because all you are doing is trying to set appointments and build your book of business. If you have a good savings set up and can go a month without a paycheck then I would recommend trying it out.
Aflac-A typical day
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 8, 2018
Heavy scheduling for VP
data entry and maintenance of internal database
Vendor interaction
Prepare conference room for meetings
Prepare letters
Special assignments
Pros
The fast pace work
Cons
the lack of communication at times
Not what I expected.
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 7, 2018
I was promised training and they told me I didn’t need any experience to start a great career. However if you can go for months without a check then you will be fine but until you book an appointment and sell insurance you don’t make anything. It will eat through your savings. No training so if you have experience you will be fine but if you don’t look somewhere else.
Cons
No training, no benefits.
B2b
Sales (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 4, 2018
For me it was really a bad time to get in this field During the recession. Think if the recession was not around would have been a much better opportunity.
decent company
Independent Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2018
Good company to partner with. Provides good supplemental insurance at a decent price and is fairly sincere in wanting and helping associates be successful.
Pros
you determine your hours
Cons
training
Straight Commission
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Central MaineMay 4, 2018
Work was typical sales. Cold calling on business that mostly had been already contacted many times. Some owners were upset that sales people continued to call upon them even after they stated they were not interested. No database of employers that had been already contacted.
Pros
Good products
Cons
Commission sales
Great place to grow and advance
CLHIS III-Payroll, Claims & Primary (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 2, 2018
It was very stressful sometimes but Aflac also gave extra help and training when needed. We worked hard but we also got to play hard too. They are a great company with wonderful benefits.
opinion
Benefits Adviser (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 2, 2018
it wasn't the best option for me could be different for you . It takes very long for you to start making a living on it . don't expect to make money right away. it takes a lot of money and time to make money
seems like a pyramid to me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 2, 2018
definitely a sales job. and everything I sell, my manager gets a percentage of that. this is just to fill the 150 characters requirement. I don't know
Great place to work!
Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 2, 2018
Best job ever! I worked as a claims specialist and it was a great experience. We always had activities going on, weekends off, paid holidays. It was an overall great place to work.
Pros
Weekends and holidays off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.