Aflac Employee Reviews

Great Company
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST III (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 3, 2018
If I could go back I would. Love the culture, great management, great benefits, lots of employee recognition. Great building, Very family oriented, diverse, inclusive and rewarding.
Pros
Everything!!
Cons
Fixed Shifts
Summary
Benefit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 3, 2018
A productive workplace and it was a busy company. Whether you are celebrating a personal accomplishment or facing unexpected medical expenses, you can count on Aflac and the Aflac Duck to be by your side.
You Need a Second Job to Supplement Income!!
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2018
I went into the job not knowing pay is fully commaion based yet on the application it said $15/hour! I had to find a second job quickly especially with all the tests you have to pay for and the commuting.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Make Your Own Schedule
Cons
Commission based only
Productive, Fun, Rewarding
Customer Service/Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 1, 2018
AFLAC was a fun place to work. Employees were treated with respect and rewarded for their work as well as provided lots of incentives to work harder. There were no dull moments.
Can be a good job
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 1, 2018
First this is a 100% commission job. When I first started it was fun and I was able to meet new people. Then the Regional Coordinator started getting on everyone and telling us we were not doing enough and to stop bullshitting. Then many people stated to quit. There is a high turnover rate of contracted self employed agents with Aflac. There is little training or guidance. The coordinators just tell you to go out and prospect for new groups and get appointments with the owner/decision maker.
Pros
Cons
Being told you aren't doing enough
Licensed Life and Health Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 31, 2018
Every employee is out for him or herself. Not much of a helpful community. Management stresses production only. There was not much cooperation between employees and management.
Pros
trips and contests
Cons
Cold Calling without leads
I would avoid at all cost
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJuly 31, 2018
I was actually referred into Aflac and giving an interview. At the interview which was a bit short and only one interview (two if you count the one I had at a Panera Bread) bit weird but the main point is I was offered 2,000 a month plus commission. The 2,000 a month was supposed to be a guarantee for up to 6 months. So my first day at Aflac I was made to give a presentation which I shared no commission in and honestly I was fine with it but my issue during that time was that I knew absolutely nothing and they wanted to me give a presentation just because I was bilingual. And during training when I was then told I would be going business to business cold calling which is what I did not sign up for I still gave it 100% because I'm not the type to do anything with a half hearted effort. Anyways I had no contact with any team members when I would reach out everyone was to busy, and would we would have meetings everyone preached about how team oriented everyone was but when you called or texted everyone was to good to help out in the slightest bit. And when I did help out I was payed as a non employee. And not to mention they did not even follow their own procedures. I could have contacted home office but would it be worth it probably not, and at the office where I was at it was one top Aflac player who incorporated his family into the business with a very few others involved. not to mention they don't even give competitive insurance for their employees.
Pros
free time
Cons
terrible training. no insurance. no salary
Fun workplace
Recruiting Manager / Office manager (Former Employee) –  RTPJuly 30, 2018
When a policyholder or insured gets sick or hurt, Aflac pays cash benefits fairly, promptly and directly to the insured. For nearly six decades, Aflac voluntary insurance policies have given policyholders the opportunity to focus on recovery, not financial stress.
Awesome Company/ Hard to start out though
Tyler - Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 30, 2018
There are plenty of opportunities to be successful, but just takes time. Hard to start your book of business, but great company and team members help. Love the company and atmosphere. Plenty of bonuses and ways to move up throughout the company or just stay as an agent if wished.
Pros
Plenty of money to be made
Cons
Hard to start out
You get out what you put in.
Supplemental Insurance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAJuly 30, 2018
Typical day is to make 100 cold calls to try and book appointment with business owners to share the value of offering Aflac products to their empoyees
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Cons
100% commission; no benefits
Great company with a great product
MARKET TRAINER/STATE TRAINING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 27, 2018
Nothing to complain about at all with Aflac as an insurance carrier. Great insurance product. Company backs their product and pays their claims.
I think they underpay their employees. The compensate state managers highly, while under compensating the rest of the state sales management teams.
Fun
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 26, 2018
Had fun while it last. But my team work was terrible. My manager was races. And uncomfortable to work with. Ifshe won't have been there maybe I would have stayed.
You learned, but there's no garanties on $$$$
AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 25, 2018
This is a great company but depends on the economy of the area your living . If the economy is heathly your sales would be good and your motivation to go ahead. It will give you a guaranty to cover your personal responsibility to go ahead in this industry.
Pros
lunch
Cons
no benefit
Great learning experiance
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Covington, TNJuly 25, 2018
Love working with other agents and the customers. Great learning and many opportunities. Hardest part of the day was acquiring leads. I enjoyed working at my own pace and from home.
Executive Office
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 24, 2018
I really enjoyed working as an executive office manager of Aflac insurance. I learned how to work independently and in a fast pace work environment. Customer service and interacting with others was the best part.
Wonderful Company to Work For
Customer Service Representative, I and II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 23, 2018
Aflac is a great, caring company to work for. There are over 5,000 employees, But it has the feel of extended family. The benefits and compensation are more than fair and the rotating schedule (you have preference choice), is based on your performance, but all shifts are great. In the Call Center you work, but it becomes a way of life.
Pros
Great Compensation
Cons
Not all customer interactions are pleasant
Limited by who is training you
Benefit Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2018
Go along with person training you helps start up your business. Takes hundreds of door to door visits to get one sale. Plus is dealing with business management and usually decision makers.
Pros
Working with businesses
Cons
takes hundreds of door to door businesses to make a sale.
Secured my own leads
Agent (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 23, 2018
Canvassed industrial parks, business offices. Met with owners in order to offer their employees benefits. No assigned territories. Other agents stole sales because of there being no assigned territories.
"Intern" During University
Insurance Sales and Benefits Consultant, Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2018
Was recruited as an intern during university. Not worth my time, very few of my fellow interns did anything substantial, and it was difficult to make any money. It did not really build up any skills despite basically being an unpaid internship. As a job it sounds great, (but not for me) however as an internship it was a poor choice.
Pros
Set your own hours
Coming for your prospects!!
Insurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJuly 22, 2018
Only apply if you have thousands of leads to give to your coworkers so they can cash in on you!! It takes three people to get a "group" going so keep in mind if you think this is a easy thing to do your crazy. Expect commission only and make sure that you work your butt of and make cold calls all day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.