Aflac Employee Reviews

good career
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charles City, IAJune 21, 2018
i really liked helping people in work inviroments helping families and children was very rewarding and helpful to me in my managment opertunities with aflac
Good compensation but commission only
SALES AGENT (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 21, 2018
Remote office, good compensation but commission only, flexible hours, good training available, difficult to sell insurance. Great Employees, Minimal contest perks
Pros
Flexible schedule, good compensation
Cons
Commission only pay
Limited Opportunity for Advancement
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 20, 2018
Working for the print subsidiary, Communicorp, even though promotion should be a natural occurrence, when asking for promotion, the most common response was, "it's just not in the budget". Investing in their employees is not something that is seen as important. A big part of the company's problem.
Pros
Team events to build comraderie
I enjoyed working with businesses.
Supplemental Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 20, 2018
This job was very flexible. You had to be on your toes though. Going out much during the week and scouting for businesses. I believed in the business and had past sales experience so it was easier for me. Management wasn't very fair in genesee county on the businesses you got on your own when it came to pay when you were new. You really had to pay attention to details and what was going on around you. It's a 100% commission job.
Time Management is key
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILJune 20, 2018
Aflac allows you to choose. Many can not handle the freedom Aflac provides, but those that can will be every successful. Chances to travel and many rewards including trips.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Time management
Good Products and training.
District Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJune 18, 2018
Put your head to the grind stone or you wont make any money. Those who work hard will survive but not much advancement. Needs to protect the sales force better against non-payers.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
No base pay, all commission.
Top-Notch Fortune 100 Company!
Business Analyst, Broker Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 18, 2018
This is an out standing company to work for. They have great team-building events, fair business practices and genuinely care about their employees and customers. Great Work Environment!
Fun, self-motivated workplace.
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJune 18, 2018
The Job in and of itself was easy, but you needed to be very motivated for what you were doing and be an adequate sales person. The people I worked with were amazing and very helpful. Opportunities to travel and visit ever day - You have to be in your car every day and search out new opportunities all over town.
Pros
Helpful co-workers/ Management, Flexible Hours, Self-Motivated work
Cons
Self-Motivated work, takes a certain personality, LOTS of travel time
its okay
Sales and Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 17, 2018
good internship for a summer job. they let you do what you want because they dont pay you. you are youre own manager and its up to you to set up meetings if you want to get paid
Commission only sales
BENEFITS ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 16, 2018
With a good leader who invests in your success when you start, you have a chance to succeed. You are making up to 40 cold calls everyday. No warm leads are provided. This is something I asked about in my interview. You're a scout for agents to come behind you and cultivate your accounts. You're also told the state looks at your productivity, which is measured by the number of cold calls per week and the money your accounts generate, to maintain your license. It may or may not be true.
Pros
You MAY make a good living if you're able to open accounts, great plans for little money, plans are something everyone needs
Cons
Very very high turnover; office and agents recruit continuously
Aflac
Producer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COJune 15, 2018
This is a great job for someone who has great self control and is a self starter. you get to meet with some amazing people both in the office and in the field.
Regional office admin
Regional Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 14, 2018
I worked as a personal admin for a regional office. Very family friendly, wasn’t paid benefits because the managers pay their admins out of their own pockets. This job was my favorite I had ever had and it was sad to leave.
Pros
Work with friends
Cons
No benefits
Whatever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 13, 2018
It was ok but it's all commission based so you have to be able to make sales on your own. If you aren't naturally good at selling to people then don't dot it.
I love working at Aflac. Great people
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 13, 2018
Aflac is an amazing company that really cares about its agents and policyholders. The company also cares about treating childhood cancer. There is an Aflac Hospital in Georgia where kids are treated at no cost and all the cancer research they do is shared with other treatment centers
Pros
Create your own schedule
Cons
Sometimes it xan take awhile to get an account
Great opportunity to learn about the insurance business
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJJune 12, 2018
Lots of exposure to insurance sales processes, as well as intense sales training and understanding the variety of insurance products. Highly reccomend to anyone interested in learning about the insurance industry.
Self-Starters only
DISTRICT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 11, 2018
If youre a self-starter and have the abolity to get out there and make it happen even when you don't feel like it then this could be the perfect job for you. Flexibility is AWESOME
Strong brand with great reputation.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 11, 2018
Strong brand with great reputation.
Stresses continued improvement on efficiencies and cost savings.
Great performance bonus structure.
Goals and objectives are fair and management is given latitude to make decisions for their teams.
Pros
Comfortable surroundings.
Cons
Work/life balance is not where it should be.
N/a
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 11, 2018
Aflac Inc. is an American insurance company and is the largest provider of supplemental insurance in the United States. The company was founded in 1955 and is based in Columbus, Georgia.
What a Great Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, NYJune 11, 2018
I was sponsored by Aflac to became licensed in the state of New York to sell Accident and Health Insurance. Once I followed there test preparation program and passed my state test, I began work. Once i entered the field I prospected potential clients with the guidance of a senior sales representative. I learned a lot about the insurance business and more about people. This was a wonderful experience and opportunity. I recommend it to anyone looking to into the insurance business.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Commission Only
Not a fun place to work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2018
It was very competitive and the income wasn't consistent enough to pay my bills. However, I stayed with it as long as possible, because I enjoyed the freedom it provided, and when I did get paid it was a big pay day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.