Aflac Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,589 reviews
Aflac is a first rate corporation.
Sales Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 5, 2018
My disappointment with Aflac is that there are 80,000 agents and the company will not rest until there are 800,000 agents. Everywhere you go you are second or third Aflac Agent to be there that day.
Pros
First class company, .
Cons
Flawed sales plan
Great if you like being told NO alot
INDEPENDENT AGENT (Current Employee) –  Lemont, ILDecember 5, 2018
Training sucked, left to fend for myself, no support. was setup to fail from the beginning. worked 50 hours each week and had nothing to show for it. zero pay.
Lots of hours needed to get little compensation
INDEPENDENT INSURANCE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 5, 2018
needed to goto as many small business as you could during the day to try to schedule appointments to come back and show the product. Took many hours of foot work for little compensation
Pros
people i worked with were friendly
Cons
lots of hours of work for little payback
Pyramid Scheme
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDDecember 4, 2018
The product was a very good investment, just a little over priced.
This is due to you paying for the sales man, under writer, manager, office manager, and so on. You get no help from anyone because its always a cut-throat environment. I you have any accounts and leave to manager takes them over and get all the money, so they try to get you to leave. Never got a bonus that I earned. All of it reminds me of a pyramid scheme.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Commission only.
cooperative
Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHDecember 4, 2018
Very difficult to earn money and it takes a long time to get any. If you can go about six months with out money, then it might be worth taking a shot at it.
Pros
flexability
Cons
long time untill you make any money
Fun job while i was looking for a career
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 4, 2018
This was a good job to get out and network for as well as helping to increase your interaction skills. I worked with Aflac while I was searching for a full time job and enjoyed my time with them.
Temp Work
Accountant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 3, 2018
environment was fun and there was a lot of work but the training was excellent so the work was easy. There was a lot of work to cram in 8hrs with no overtime
Enjoyed all the new people I came in contact with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 3, 2018
Aflac is a good company, they have wonderful benefits for their customers. They help out a lot of people in their time of need. It made me feel good when someone received their compensation from Aflac. I like to know I helped someone when they had an accident or were diagnosed with Cancer or had a heartache. That was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Helping people in their time of need
Cons
Finding your leads
Commission only, no fringe benefits
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 3, 2018
Great products! However, poor oversight and monitoring of sales territories. Agents could very easily impede on another's territory without prior knowledge.
Pros
Good commission
Cons
Commission based only
Be pretty
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 2, 2018
Working as a contract agent can be rewarding with Aflac. Realize that you will be doing cold calling. If you are attractive it helps to get into the decision makers.
Cutthroat Industry
Aflac Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Colby, KSNovember 29, 2018
selling Aflac is a though market. It involves a lot of traveling and "what ifs" I had fun working for Aflac, but getting paid commissions only is tough living.
Excellent opportunity to advance and succeed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2018
Aflac provided an excellent opportunity to advance as much as I was willing to. I got business strictly through cold calling. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting wonderful people and helping them in their time of need.
Pros
Free schedule
Cons
Excellent Product - Bad Time For New Associate - Economy, New President, Businesses Concerned
Benefits Advisor/Agent for Voluntary Benefits (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CANovember 29, 2018
I love the product as it helps people's lives very much. I wanted to help others and feel like I was doing something that made the world a better place. Unfortunately, as a new President was elected, business owners have become very cautious about bringing on new programs or make changes. Most saw value in the product but were not willing to implement Aflac, as I've been told to come back in 6-9 months. Business owners repeatedly said they are cautious as they do not know what changes the President is going to make that may affect their businesses. I'm wanting to return to my Administrative roots because working for Aflac is a commission only salary model. I find it difficult to make a salary that I can generate a solid financial foundation.
Pros
Excellent product
Cons
Too political, Cut throat competition, bad mentors/teaching
ok if you have a spouse with benefits and secondary income
Agent, Account Servicing Manager (Former Employee) –  Cortez, CONovember 28, 2018
it was an ok job. The whole nature of the job changed alot after I started. They required more time in reports and meetings, which is not what I wanted since I was contract work.
Okay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 26, 2018
Must be motivated. Cold calling in a must. Commission only very competitive. Must be organized and willing to go with out pay for a while. I would not recommend it.
No Comment
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMNovember 25, 2018
I did not adequate enough training. I was the only one in Farmington while my team was in Albuquerque. I felt like I was stranded and left all alone and so cofused
Prepare to walk
Benefits Advisor/Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CANovember 23, 2018
While appointed by Aflac, I was assigned to work out of an office located on Sunset Blvd. in West Hollywood. The parking for the office is street parking only requiring several block's of walking, at times inconvenient. There is a monthly calendar of companies, leads, authorizing Aflac to offer assurance/insurance product's. Weekly meetings to be held at the main office, down town on Olympic, and parking is again inconvenient. People are respectful and pleasant.
Pros
People are pleasant
Cons
Parking is inconvenient
I do not discuss my pass experience
Assisting clients and providers (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 23, 2018
I do not discuss prior employment as it relates to experience. Everyone has there own experience at a job. Every circumstance and result are unique.
Excellent Company to work for!
Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 18, 2018
Manager is always available for coaching. You can attend weekly meetings to learn from manager and other seasoned pros. Upbeat yet competitive. Bonus checks are great. Good commission rates.
Pros
Coaching always available
Cons
lots of travel thats not always productive
Commission
INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENT Owner and Operator (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 17, 2018
Aflac does not value it's veteran agents. The hardest part of the job - time management, lack of support. Love my policyholders. Great job for a select few - those that management decides are worth favoring.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Lack of support from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.