Aflac Employee Reviews

Agent
Agent (Former Employee) –  Carroll, IADecember 11, 2017
Working with great people that are willing to working to help you work towards your goals.
It established your roll in the community as a independent agent.
I did not like
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  San Germán, PRDecember 11, 2017
I did not like it because it is a work commission. But they do not tell you in the orientation before taking the job that if a client cancels in less than a year they charge you back from the commission they paid you and they charge you what they paid you plus interest. Then they send that to your credit and they make you a bad credit.
Aflac no integrity
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2017
There is no integrity in this company! I had been working a client for a while and a new agent went in with the marketing manager and closed the deal for herself!
Pros
Cons
No integrity
Worst Job I have ever had.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJDecember 10, 2017
No Compensation for hard work. No matter how much you sell, you are not paid for any of it. That includes clients who re-up their insurance or even add other products for added protection. They do take care of their clients and pay out accordingly.
Flexible with Schedule
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2017
Job was rewarding as it allowed me to help others in their time of need.
My passion has always been helping people. I encountered a lot of friends through out my career and that in itself was a reward.
Pros
Helped others in their time of need
Cons
Not enough paid time off
Commission only sales job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 8, 2017
Not good for an older person who needs income. It is a commission only position with no benefits. You for the most part have to find your own customers.

Good job for a young person just starting out who had a lost of family and friends to sell to.
Pros
Cons
Commission only
100% Commision
Outside sales (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 7, 2017
Good product portfolio, great amenity for employers to offer to employees and claims are paid quickly to policy holders.Truly the downside is that areas have been worked through so many times that the companies you can make money with are either existing clients or have been thoroughly turned off by previous encounters. 100% commission independent agent which is great, however if your pipeline is not constantly full with viable prospects, it is difficult to stay profitable.
Pros
Residuals - policies remain in force
Cons
Keeping productive, 100% commission working for yourself
Pyramid scheme
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 7, 2017
Management is great, pay is good if you make a sale, Key word being IF. aflac hires so many people that you walk all over each other while trying to get business. In my area there are very few business that you go into that the owner of the business don't make the following comments..."you are the 7th aflac person in here this month. What makes you any different than the others." "Oh your part of the aflac army?" Don't get me wrong aflac is a great company with great benefits and policies. Still currently have my aflac policies. Management at my branch is really good, and they do want you to succeed, but after knowing how they are paid it makes you wonder if they only care because it reflects in their paycheck. Though the economy is better than it has been in years, times are still hard to most people. The first thing people will cut out is supplementary insurance.Its not medical, Its not car, not house or business insurance, its supplemental.Its not insurance people have to have. I am not disgruntled or upset that I went to work with Aflac. I just want to make people aware of what it really is, instead of going into an interview and letting management paint a beautiful picture for you.Aflac will hire anyone who has a breath, it does not matter to aflac if you work out or not.If you are only there for a few months and open one group aflac has already won, because they DO NOT have anything invested into you financially. You do not get paid for or reimbursed for required training in house or required training that may be hours from your home. This job I would recommend to adults  more... that have already retired who have some sort of income coming in,or kids fresh out of college that daddy is still footing your bills.  less
Mis-Managed Style
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2017
I don't recommend working for this company unless you have a lot of contacts and know the territory you are working in. You will never have solid pay unless you know a lot of people.
In equals out
Life and Health Insurance Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  ILDecember 6, 2017
Good company to work for, good management. You will only get out of it what you put in. You are your own boss and your earning potential depends on how well you work your business. Great leadership and team to help when needed.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
flexibility
fun
Director, Corporate Development (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 5, 2017
was overall a great experience. They started me on commission. After I proved my ethics, loyalty, and stats I earn my salary. The sky was not the limit with this company. it was very profitable and a great time. I learned allot from Aflac and very thankful.
Pros
experience
Cons
started on commission
no work life balance...always cold calling
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 5, 2017
commission only job!!!!

always cold calling!!!

you are never good enough for the bosses!!!!

dont do it!!!!

they promise you everything but give you nothing!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Wonderful work environment with an opportunity for advancement.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 5, 2017
A typical day of work would begin at 7AM for training on products and policies. 8AM-9AM would be team meetings and coordinating of the day's schedule. 9AM-4PM Field Training for new hires and acquiring sales goals. 4PM-5PM Head back to the office to recap and review, set up the calendar for the following day.

I learned a tremendous amount of content regarding policies and procedures for insurance in the state of California, as well as proven successful techniques for sales.

Management was what made this work environment special. They were always supportive and would often offer their assistance without being asked. I knew from the very beginning that I wanted to be a manager in the office.

The culture at Aflac Culver City was that of a family. We always had someone to go to who had been there longer than we had, someone to answer questions in the office or when we were out in the field. There were events to bring us closer together outside of work like movie nights, basketball and softball games, bowling nights and even community fundraisers to help the less fortunate.

The hardest part of the job was having the self discipline to wake up every day and go to work when you weren't 100%. You had to have confidence in yourself, that you were setting things in motion that might not pay off that week, but would pay off in the future. Continually putting business in your pipeline is key. Without that you will always be struggling to gain traction in business.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping clients who were contacting me because they needed help. Our job
  more... is to inform our clients, educate them on their options and help them choose the right plans. They would call you when something went wrong and I wanted to help them immediately. I have been to many clients homes to assist them in filling out paperwork, answer questions for them and help them file claims. Getting a handshake, a hug and a smile is truly rewarding.  less
Pros
Ability to have an unlimited earning potential
Cons
100% commision based
Really enjoyed working there
Insurance Rep (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCDecember 3, 2017
Called clients and potential clients to grow the customer base, meet with potential clients to get information about their needs and coverage, match insurance policies to their needs and explain the options to customers. Make sure policies stay current and make amendments to the policy as life changes. Types of insurance worked with included life, health and long-term care. In addition, helped clients settle any claims on their insurance.
i wasnt into sales
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 3, 2017
if you are motivated you can do this job i wanted something else and wish aflac and anyone there the best of luck in the future. great product but comishion only.
Would not recommend the Orange Ct office unless you have previous sales experience or you know someone if you are someone’s mom you’ll fit in.
Business adivisor (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTDecember 2, 2017
Very disappointed, it is like a fraternity , you have to know someone to get any help. Cold calling I see some DSC’s helping the new people mine didn’t at all never prospected with me , half of the time didn’t even answer text messages. I could have done the job if I had a better DSC , but when you get absolutely no support and no interaction from your new supervisor it’s very disturbing , the few times I met with him all he did was look at his watch waiting to go to lunch with his boys in the office. Very unprofessional, he has such a poor personality, I wonder how he sold anything. I think you can do well at AFLAC if you have proper support and someone wants to mentor you and develop you. The DSC’s should have previous management experience so they know how to train and develop people. At least I did get my life and health license out of them will put it to use elsewhere I where there is training and developement.
Pros
Create your own schedule
Cons
It is all in who you know in the Orange Ct office
Excellent place to Work
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 1, 2017
Nothing negative to say about this experience. It is a positive atmosphere, with delightful co workers. The office space is wonderful and the product is top shelf.
Ambiente dentrabajo divertido y saludable
Agente de Seguros (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PRNovember 30, 2017
Un buen trabajo en donde se adquiere una basta experiencia en el area de ventas denseguros en donde no solo se vende, sino que ayudas a personas a obtener lo que necesitan y a la misma vez tu tambien ganas.
Pros
Tiempo de Calidad
Cons
Inestabilidad de salario
On the go with constant customer service.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 30, 2017
Aflac is a great job for those who like to meet new people. Working at Aflac is good for people who have the ability to sell, and feel comfortable educating people.
Pros
Getting to work with and without teams
Cons
A lot of driving and gas usage
Enjoyable
Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 29, 2017
Enjoyed the friendships I developed. As I decided to return to school later in life, there was no auto advancement for obtaining a higher degree. However, my management was nice.
Pros
Variety of departments to work
Cons
I prefer not to answer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.