Aflac Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,593 reviews
Challenging work with lots of autonomy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MADecember 12, 2018
Aflac offers opportunity for unlimited income; the harder you work the more you can earn. Veteran agents enjoy lots of autonomy, which can be a good and a bad thing. Flexibility is very important, but in order to succeed you must be self-motivated.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
1099 status means lots of expenses. Lots of driving.
100% commotion based
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 10, 2018
if you don't mind getting an unpredictable paycheck and have so much connections then it is the place for you. As a mother it wasn't the place for me.
Fun place to work!
Regional Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 10, 2018
Enjoyed flexible hours, travel, and networking opportunities. Competitive compensation package. Great work life balance. Opportunities for growth into management.
Great Company to Work For
Accounting Specialist IV- Top Broker Service Team (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 10, 2018
Great company atmosphere -Fantastic coworkers -The work is so enjoyable
Wonderful communication and transparency
Great place to work for if you love data entry type of work
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
No Full Time Remote Positions
Aflac is a first rate corporation.
Sales Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 5, 2018
My disappointment with Aflac is that there are 80,000 agents and the company will not rest until there are 800,000 agents. Everywhere you go you are second or third Aflac Agent to be there that day.
Pros
First class company, .
Cons
Flawed sales plan
Great if you like being told NO alot
INDEPENDENT AGENT (Current Employee) –  Lemont, ILDecember 5, 2018
Training sucked, left to fend for myself, no support. was setup to fail from the beginning. worked 50 hours each week and had nothing to show for it. zero pay.
Lots of hours needed to get little compensation
INDEPENDENT INSURANCE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 5, 2018
needed to goto as many small business as you could during the day to try to schedule appointments to come back and show the product. Took many hours of foot work for little compensation
Pros
people i worked with were friendly
Cons
lots of hours of work for little payback
Pyramid Scheme
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDDecember 4, 2018
The product was a very good investment, just a little over priced.
This is due to you paying for the sales man, under writer, manager, office manager, and so on. You get no help from anyone because its always a cut-throat environment. I you have any accounts and leave to manager takes them over and get all the money, so they try to get you to leave. Never got a bonus that I earned. All of it reminds me of a pyramid scheme.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Commission only.
cooperative
Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHDecember 4, 2018
Very difficult to earn money and it takes a long time to get any. If you can go about six months with out money, then it might be worth taking a shot at it.
Pros
flexability
Cons
long time untill you make any money
Fun job while i was looking for a career
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 4, 2018
This was a good job to get out and network for as well as helping to increase your interaction skills. I worked with Aflac while I was searching for a full time job and enjoyed my time with them.

Want to know more about Aflac?

Ask a question
Temp Work
Accountant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 3, 2018
environment was fun and there was a lot of work but the training was excellent so the work was easy. There was a lot of work to cram in 8hrs with no overtime
Enjoyed all the new people I came in contact with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 3, 2018
Aflac is a good company, they have wonderful benefits for their customers. They help out a lot of people in their time of need. It made me feel good when someone received their compensation from Aflac. I like to know I helped someone when they had an accident or were diagnosed with Cancer or had a heartache. That was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Helping people in their time of need
Cons
Finding your leads
Commission only, no fringe benefits
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 3, 2018
Great products! However, poor oversight and monitoring of sales territories. Agents could very easily impede on another's territory without prior knowledge.
Pros
Good commission
Cons
Commission based only
Be pretty
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 2, 2018
Working as a contract agent can be rewarding with Aflac. Realize that you will be doing cold calling. If you are attractive it helps to get into the decision makers.
Cutthroat Industry
Aflac Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Colby, KSNovember 29, 2018
selling Aflac is a though market. It involves a lot of traveling and "what ifs" I had fun working for Aflac, but getting paid commissions only is tough living.
Excellent opportunity to advance and succeed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2018
Aflac provided an excellent opportunity to advance as much as I was willing to. I got business strictly through cold calling. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting wonderful people and helping them in their time of need.
Pros
Free schedule
Cons
Excellent Product - Bad Time For New Associate - Economy, New President, Businesses Concerned
Benefits Advisor/Agent for Voluntary Benefits (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CANovember 29, 2018
I love the product as it helps people's lives very much. I wanted to help others and feel like I was doing something that made the world a better place. Unfortunately, as a new President was elected, business owners have become very cautious about bringing on new programs or make changes. Most saw value in the product but were not willing to implement Aflac, as I've been told to come back in 6-9 months. Business owners repeatedly said they are cautious as they do not know what changes the President is going to make that may affect their businesses. I'm wanting to return to my Administrative roots because working for Aflac is a commission only salary model. I find it difficult to make a salary that I can generate a solid financial foundation.
Pros
Excellent product
Cons
Too political, Cut throat competition, bad mentors/teaching
ok if you have a spouse with benefits and secondary income
Agent, Account Servicing Manager (Former Employee) –  Cortez, CONovember 28, 2018
it was an ok job. The whole nature of the job changed alot after I started. They required more time in reports and meetings, which is not what I wanted since I was contract work.
Okay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 26, 2018
Must be motivated. Cold calling in a must. Commission only very competitive. Must be organized and willing to go with out pay for a while. I would not recommend it.
No Comment
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMNovember 25, 2018
I did not adequate enough training. I was the only one in Farmington while my team was in Albuquerque. I felt like I was stranded and left all alone and so cofused

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.