In this position you will need to:|
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- To manage the provision of Storage for any requested business and development areas
- Manage faults and requests for change or high severity problem.
- To plan, implement and subsequently maintain efficient, cost effective and highly resilient enterprise systems which provide business services within SLA.
- Maintain the Storage/SAN systems software including upgrades and associated remedial acitons.
- Provide support and assistance to end users in local and remote locations.
- Liaise and work with hardware/software vendors technical support teams and project groups as required
- Monitoring and optimisation of the performance of the Storage/SAN systems
- Maintenance of procedures and work instructions in support of team's role
- Maintenance of user access to allocated storage
- To apply knowledge of IT, financial packages and best practice to ensure that SCB achieve the best possible return for any investment of technology and services.
- To ensure that all environments supported by the team conform to Audit, GIS and Group IT standards.
- Provide Oncall support and flexible working to manage incidents outside of working hours.
Qualifications & Skills
- Support BAU operations through production day and oncall support rota.
- Work with and provide support to teams to deliver multiple complex infrastructure builds for multiple projects.
- Take full end-to end ownership of storage tasks from implementation and through to production.
- Work with client development teams and technical project managers to establish and meet delivery targets
- Engage and work closely with support teams to embed best practices, enhance reliability and supportability and ensure adherence to standards.
- Enhance existing processes and tools to bring greater efficiency
- Ensure highest levels of ownership, accountability and service are maintained.
- Have core skills in storage administration and management of HDS USP/USPV/AMS storage arrays.
- Demonstrate skills in SAN administration and management of EMC/McData/Brocade switch infrastructure.
- Have knowledge of the host operating systems and the interaction of storage with these systems on unix and windows using HDLM, HDS CCI, truecopy and in system replication.
- Knowledge and skills also required in using Backup Software (EMC Legato) and ‘In System’ replication tools (Shadow Image and Copy on Write).
Diversity & Inclusion
- Service oriented approach to projects
- Financial services IT experience
- Project Management experience
- Experience in incident resolution and management
- Experience in implementing large scale projects in aggressive timeframes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and ability to communicate with the business at senior level
- Excellent ability to prioritise and control activities and deliver results within budgetary and resource constraints.
- Independent and confident, but willing and able to harness the expertise of others.
- Must be able to manage external (vendor) resources.
- Must be able to coach staff.
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Standard Chartered Bank - 2 years ago
Standard Chartered PLC is listed on both the London Stock Exchange and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and is consistently ranked in the top 25...