The role is for a Oracle Database Architect/Engineer specializing in design and development of databases and database support infrastructure.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Working in the Database team, the right candidate will be providing solutions for the banks database systems and infrastructure.
This person must be a self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver technical projects from scratch.
Qualifications & Skills
- Design/Build infrastructure to support the database estate.
- Participate in the design and implementation of standards for databases.
- Provide optimal system and database builds and configuration.
- Produce high quality technical documentation and support systems delivered.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to developers/DBAs.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies to support the database team and its stakeholders.
How To Apply
- Extensive experience using Oracle database and associated products.
- Strong programming/scripting skills with technologies such as perl, shell scripting, web and database development.
- Design and implementation of complex database solutions utilizing advanced database features.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with senior business stakeholders.
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information to hand when completing your application
The closing date for applications is 31 March 2011 We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Standard Chartered Bank - 4 years ago
Standard Chartered PLC is listed on both the London Stock Exchange and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and is consistently ranked in the top 25...