Global Technology & Operations (GTO) plays a crucial role in the rapid expansion of Standard Chartered Bank, delivering technology development, systems support and banking operations to business divisions around the globe.
GTO is headquartered in Singapore and plays a key part of the management of the Bank and has a voice in all major decisions, a centre of excellence and innovation, leading the way in improving our processes and streamlining our operations.
Technology power’s Standard Chartered Bank's vision and strategic agenda through the provision of innovative and efficient technology solutions; we will deliver greater value to our business stakeholders; we will improve the skills and flexibility of our people and work more effectively with our internal and vendor service partners
As such it provides a great opportunity to understand, on a broader scale, how the various businesses work.
SABRE is the infrastructure being developed by Financial Markets Solutions Delivery (FMSD) to meet this vision, and will provide a global transaction management system with regional compute facilities in Singapore and London
SABRE development occurs in three locations globally (London, Singapore and Tianjin [China]) but is head-quartered in Singapore to be closely aligned with the business management. SABRE uses industry standard technologies (Java/Linux for server side development, C#/WPF for desktop) as well as vendor technologies such as SAG’s webMethods (for business process orchestration) and DataSynapse (for compute facilities), and utilizes the banks in-house developed, functional programming based analytics library. The SABRE development team is a small team of IT professionals who bring their extensive experience of developing large scale investment banking platforms to provide SCB with a best of breed solution
A risk developer with the relevant domain and technical experience to help architect and implement a cross-asset derivatives risk management system for the Bank. This is a rare opportunity to get involved in a green-field project to implement an interactive and batch risk management system from scratch.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Experienced Java developers with previous experience in the end-to-end design, development and support of risk management systems
- Ability to work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office, Product Control and various risk functions
- Familiarity and confidence working in an agile development environment
- Self-starter who can drive / facilitate the requirements and development effort with the business
- Data and compute grid experience a plus
- Functional programming experience a plus
Responsible for the full development lifecycle for implementing the Bank’s risk management system.
Qualifications & Skills
- Interact with the business users to gather the requirements
- Design smart and scalable solutions following the bank standards
- Coordinate with other teams in Technology
- Provide second line support
- Risk management, pricing, structuring, P&L/Risk calculations
- Structured/Derivatives product knowledge
- Trade life cycle understanding
- 5+ years Java 1.5/1.6
- Good OO design/architecture skills
- Server development experience
- Spring, JMS, JNI
- Code generation
- Functional programming
- DataSynapse, Oracle Coherence, grid architecture
How To Apply
- Motivated, passionate about technology, performance and risk
- Proactive, self starter, autonomous
- Good team spirit
- Thrive in a fast moving front office environment
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information to hand when completing your application
The closing date for applications is 24/04/2011. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.
Standard Chartered Bank - 3 years ago
Standard Chartered PLC is listed on both the London Stock Exchange and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and is consistently ranked in the top 25...