Singapore National Eye Centre Employee Reviews

Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Singapore General HospitalJanuary 28, 2017
We help each other during peak hrs for payment

Closing time only done by supervisior when we are done for the day, we called to asked close counter but due to lack of supervisor it take 20-30mins to reach us..
Cons
Long hrs of working, hard to keep healthy, even pay for fitness gym, hardly got time to make it...
Fine balance between serving patients while maintaining amicable relations with colleagues, while need to hit targets to satisfy management.
Participant Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Singapore General HospitalDecember 23, 2016
Calling patients to convince them to take part in research-for data collection about the eye health in the three major races in Singapore. The patients will be attended to by a specialist eye doctor/ophthalmologist NOT a trainee. Those who agree will come down for a 2.5 to 3hr eye-check that involves various stations manned by medically trained co-workers.

Working hours can easily spill over to non-working hours as some patients can only be contacted at night, either through phone calls or house visits. Some patients will be needed to be fetched (to and fro) to the Singapore National Eye Centre.

Management will set targets for the team to achieve and I have to ensure they are met, else will have to explain why the attendance is low. Various factors come into play depending on the ethnic group that we are focusing for the particular research. Co-workers, especially those in clinic will want the recruiters to not fill up the appointments to the maximum allowable slots for some reasons such as quality of images captured, long wait involved will make some patients grumpy and even to accommodate certain staff who may take leave during certain periods.

The most enjoyable part is dealing with patients, the satisfaction of knowing that my input has made their experience a good one certainly gives me a high that even my colleagues cannot give.
Pros
Fixed lunchtime of almost 1.5hrs(its the break between AM and PM sessions)
Cons
Office gossips, high staff turnover
Occasionally Tiring Job
Medical Records Officer (Former Employee) –  Outram ParkAugust 25, 2016
The job scope for this position was clear-cut. As a Medical Records Officer, I supervised archiving of medical records for off-site storage by conducting quality control and liaising with external vendors. In addition, I handled administrative duties such as data entry of archived records and data maintenance of existing medical records using the SAP System. Despite the simple tasks assigned to this temporary position, the job culture was not encouraging as seen from the high staff turnover rate. The morale of the department is usually low due to the manager’s inability to keep staff motivated.
Cons
Work on Weekends
Good place to start learning
Ophthalmic Photographer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 29, 2016
This is a good place to start out to learn without any experience but soon after you would realize that the growth in the company relevant to you is very little. I've learned a lot about Ophthalmic Imaging but it's a place that I can't stay forever because there isn't much opportunity to rise or climb.
Pros
Medical benefits, a lot of government perks
Cons
Strict holiday leave, low manpower, very high workload amount
Snec
Senior Executive (Current Employee) –  Outram ParkJune 16, 2016
Rather rigid management and promotion process. Heavily top-down communication. Limited career advancement. Market stability in Healthcare sector, stable performance bonus and AWS. Prone to disease outbreak / national threats.
no wonder there's always a complaint
MRO CLERK (Former Employee) –  outramOctober 6, 2015
poor communication and poor working etiquette among departments.
too much politics and biased.

No proper documentation if there's any implementation.
Pros
free lunch during occasions
Productive and fun career.
Patient Service Associates (Former Employee) –  11 Third Hospital Ave, Singapore 168751May 10, 2015
Met all sort of people, characters and behaviors.
The hardest part of the job is to face difficult patients and family members. I to calm them down and try to solve the problem that is making them unhappy.
Pros
Training was provided. Understanding management.
Cons
Difficult patients.
Office hour job
Contract Clinical Coder (Former Employee) –  singaporeMarch 19, 2014
It is a challenging job whereby I need to finish the codings within a time frame.
great place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  singaporeAugust 9, 2013
Friendly staff, great environment to work. Learnt a lot from the co workers
Pros
very friendly evironment
Cons
no cons