Changi General Hospital Employee Reviews

good job security
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  singaporeJanuary 21, 2018
A hectic work place but good place to learn a lot of nursing skills. A place where promotion pathway is straight forward. Opportunities to go for further studies is given.
Pros
good salary
Productive,efficient
Intern (Former Employee) –  SimeiJanuary 10, 2018
Very organised and values cleanliness and hygiene as a Top piority. Friendly working environment, staff willing to teach and are patient with mistakes.
Always strives for the best in patient care
Operating Theatre Technician (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 3, 2018
Changi General Hospital is one of the best tertiary hospitals in SIngapore. Work and family life is balanced when you work in this hospital. Staff are well taken care of when it comes to monetary compensation.
Fun workplace and very interactive
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  SimeiDecember 10, 2017
• The most enjoyable part is when you have that group of friends that always keeps you going no matter how bad the clinic was on that
day
• Hardest part is usually when you have to deal with demanding/difficult patients
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  SimeiNovember 21, 2017
Changi General Hospital...Delivering care that matters!!! It's a 1000-bed hospital located in Simei, eastern Singapore. It is Singapore's first purpose-built general hospital to serve communities in the east and north-east regions.
productive and good relationship
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Simei st3September 26, 2017
Its a wonderful experienced and very knowledgeable in terms of work related. I find it a good background to learn more as a nurse and able to cope and deal the difference of between culture and medical practice.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long working hours
I really enjoyed my stay in the insitution
Staff Nurse 1 (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 29, 2017
This is one of the big hospitals in Singapore. It's always a busy day. I learned how to deal with people of different culture. The management is good but sometimes we are understaff.. The hardest part is that due to long hours of night shift we really feel exhausted.
Pros
free cpd
Cons
no breaks, long hours for night shift
Fun workplace
Patient Relation Officer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 23, 2017
Good working environment, staffs are friendly.
Shift job
All job are given fairly
Fun place to work
Meet all sort of people behaviour
Company bonding
Team work
Ever got shouted and scold for things that i was not aware
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
Fun workplace
Meet all sort of people behaviour
Company bonding
Team work
Ever got shouted and scold for things that i was not aware
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
Funwork.enviroment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 21, 2017
One of the best place to.work. Learn alot.from this place. Has various of department that cater to different needs. Work with nursing homes and also prepare daily dosage medication using a good system
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medical ManpowerJune 19, 2017
I had very good helpful colleagues. The Managing Director in my department was very helpful and patient. My colleagues were willing to give me time to learn and they will help me in whatever they can.
Benefits
Cons
Managing Doctors Applications
flexible working hours
SN (Current Employee) –  SimeiJune 18, 2017
colleague are very friendly and helpful to each other. there also has a shuttle bus service from simei mrt and tampinese mrt to Changi General Hospital.
Pros
shuttle bus service
Cons
long night shift
Generally nice place to work
aaaaaaa (Former Employee) –  aaaaaaaJune 15, 2017
Tendency to be understaffed/ stretched in some departments, however teams make a good effort to keep up moral. Good focus on clinical development and team building, good training opportunities to develop professionally. Lots of effort and support put into service improvement projects. ? upper management out of touch with ground staff. During town hall sessions with the CEO staff posed questions about issues on the ground and it sounded like upper management didn't have a clue. They would respond with a wishy washy answer or just try and boost moral rather than demonstrate understanding on the issue , how it was effecting staff daily and that it would be taken seriously. Work on presentations and larger projects are expected to be done as home work, this can take up evenings and weekends, staff with family commitments have expressed that this can take them away from family time/ commitments. If you have presentations scheduled regularly work life balance will be affected.
Pros
Training opportunities
Cons
Home work
Dynamic
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  TampinesJune 3, 2017
Fast paced and dynamic. Pro-family culture. Management makes effort to listen to every staff feedback, suggestion and constructive criticism by conducting fortnight townhalls.
Pros
Fortnightly townhalls to listen to staff on the ground
Cons
Nil
A typical day at my department
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  SimeiMay 22, 2017
I am currently working in the cardiology department. Most of the patients that I cared for are patients that needs treatment for their heart condition. However, my department also receives overflow cases such as medical, surgical, orthopedics, and geriatrics.
Being in the department requires me to constantly adapt and learn to care for the patient that is beyond my specialty department.

The hardest part of the job is having to be constantly called back to shift to cover for a colleague that was sick on that day and the lack of bond and friendship between colleagues.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the nurse-patient relationship that I build with my patients and the satisfying feeling of regaining my patient's health.
willing to learn
operation theatre assistant (Current Employee) –  ChangiApril 7, 2017
i have learn to work in independent and team. Good enviromental place to work. will to learn more new things. interesting work at part of work. i have improve my working skill.
Pros
allowance
Cons
short hours
comfort and convenient environment
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  SimeiMarch 17, 2017
CGH hospital is the best hospital i have work before. I manage to handle so many different emergency cases. Every day learning process. Good platform to improve knowledge and implement learned skills.
Pros
2days off in a week, 21 Al, Staff can request own roster, Encourage overtime
Cons
delay in promotion
Full filing job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Integrated buildingMarch 10, 2017
Work hard and be competent in your nursing roles. Be passionate and care to the sick like our own parents and u wil lbe more passionate. Delegate and have teamwork with colleagues. You will definitely love working in CGH
Pros
Work lifebalance
Cons
Stay back late if your not competent with your nursing roles
have fun with staff and team work
Patient Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  SimeiMarch 5, 2017
good and nice working place.. understand each other and team work with working staff.. kind and humble ..have good guideness ..learn alot good things and joyfull
Pros
1 hours
Cons
9hours
I dedicate my duty service
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Any locationFebruary 26, 2017
I under healthcare supervisor communicate work healthcare assistant my duty then I all must care by every patient, the overall patient i care, the patient range of service my duty,
Pros
Own